• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Volume pot for simple se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2 -10 kohm !!
/If the middle pin of 100 k is on down side - low volume - 5-10 kohm,
input signal across from the up side - 90 kohm, and there is big resistance
for MF and HF for input signal, and small input current doesn't enouht
for input capac. of input tube, and there is decrease of HF/ /sorry for bad English!/.

I was originally going to use the PEC pot mentioned above for my Simple but in a wonderfully boneheaded maneuver I didn't leave quite enough space for it (missed it by >< much) so I ended up using an Alps RK27 pot. Seems to be working just fine. Of course knowing now just how sweet this amp sounds I might have sprung for something a bit nicer. I recently saw that Headamp (a manufacturer of solid state and electrostatic headphone amplifiers) started offering some of the parts that they use for sale to the DIY community. I've used the DACT attenuators that he sells and they are superb and the RCA jacks are also very nice. The parts are listed here and I received my last order from him (RCAs) in a matter of days.

n_maher said:
I was originally going to use the PEC pot mentioned above for my Simple but in a wonderfully boneheaded maneuver I didn't leave quite enough space for it (missed it by >< much) so I ended up using an Alps RK27 pot. Seems to be working just fine. Of course knowing now just how sweet this amp sounds I might have sprung for something a bit nicer. I recently saw that Headamp (a manufacturer of solid state and electrostatic headphone amplifiers) started offering some of the parts that they use for sale to the DIY community. I've used the DACT attenuators that he sells and they are superb and the RCA jacks are also very nice. The parts are listed here and I received my last order from him (RCAs) in a matter of days.
Man, thats an ****!
You fitted something better than i have though, looks like a nice pot you did squeeze in though, certainly better than i have at the moment!

Thanks for the pointers guys, upgrade is on its way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.