s5electronics 16ls schematic - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th May 2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Salsero is offline Salsero  United States
diyAudio Member

Default s5electronics 16ls schematic

Hey guys. I recently completed a set of TriTrix speakers following the desing in parts express. I am very impressed with what $121 (on sale) in drivers and electronics + $110 on oak plywood and hardware can sound like. Well, now that the DIY audio bug started, why stop. Next is a 16LS "upgraded" amp. However, after reading a lot of the threads it seems like upgrading the output transformer to Edcors andthe output cap is a must for bass. I am also considering:
1. Dual power supplies and an AC filter or an isolation transformer to clean up the power.
2. Sowter TVC in place of the pot.
3. Maybe run ultralinear - please some input on this.

So my question, Does anyone have the schematics for the amp? With these upgrades I would rather get a schematic and not buy some parts twice (the original plus the upgrade).
My second question - has anyone tried low voltage power supplies for the filament heaters (if applicable for the 16ls).
It seems like there are a lot of details that with marginal increase in cost can mak amps sound better - like dual mono power supplies and layout, etc... please share any of these details, I would certainly appreciate it.

Hide this!Advertise here!