• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

cheap and easy tube preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. This is the first time when i write here. I'm looking for cheap and easy diy tube preamp. I haven't got any idea what kind of schematic i should use. I have few diy tube headphone amps but now I want to move complitely in tubes world. So later I need allso some power amplifier schematics. somekind 20w push-pull configuration would be fine. can you help me. I'm completely amateur.

Hello juuzo, welcome to the forum! I'm also a complete amateur when it comes to electronics and I can say with great certainty that this forum is worth it's weight in gold. I have learned so much!

My recommendation for a cheap and easy preamp is John Broskie's Aikido preamps. http://glass-ware.stores.yahoo.net/index.html His boards are top quality and very easy to build, especially if you purchase a kit. All you need to add is a power supply (which he also carries) and a chassis.

Hope this helped you out. I can personally attest to the great sound and build of these. I have the Aikido phono stage up and running with his Janus shunt regulator power supply. Best I have ever heard! I'm currently working on a p2p Aikido preamp as well.

Good luck on your project.

Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.