• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

K-12G problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I have a K-12G kit that I had working for about a year. Well, recently, I took the amp and put it into a new enclosure. I added more inputs and a selector switch. Now when I hook it up and turn it on, I get this loud buzzing coming out of my right speaker and nothing out of my left. My questions for you guys/gals are:

1) What should I be looking at for troubleshooting? Solder joints? Bad components?
2) Am I doing anything to my speakers - I would hate to blow these speakers as they were quite expensive.
3) How can I safely do this troubleshooting - preferably without speakers connected if I may be damaging them.

Only changes made from when it was once working to now was the addition of the selector switch with extra inputs and the recasing into a new enclosure (wood and plexiglass).

Thanks in advance

figured it out... kinda....

hi all,

thanks again for the suggestions... i traced the problem to a faulty switch... one position works and the other 2 don't. it's not a big deal - i'm okay with just one source for now since i'm moving onto a TubelabSE and relegating this amp to the office, where it will only be used for the iPod anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.