• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Thordarson transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am looking for information on some Thordarson transformers. They were part of a very strange piece of equipment built sometime in the 1940's I believe.
At least some of them are audio transformers as that is what they say on the outside!
I have looked on the web but it seems as though most of the catalogs stop around 1941 and the units I have aren't in there.
The numbers are as follows:

T-51751 power transformer 2 115V 60CY(!) primaries 1000V 2MA (mega or milli? it is written in capital letters) 2.5V 2A

T-49437 2 pins possibly a choke?

T-49436 output transformer (written on the case) ratio p/s .485/5.9 on the pin side
(2) S.2, C.T., P, B, 600ohms (possibly a push pull line output transformer?)

T-51449 4 pins and quite small

T-49428-A 6 pins also small

The unit also had an UTC A-26 grid to line output transformer which I found info on relatively easily. I would really appreciate any help finding more information on these pieces, I'm certainly hoping to find something useful out of them!

Thanks for your time

I doubt you'll find anything - they are probably OEM part numbers, not catalog parts. I'd measure ratios with low voltage 50 Hz AC. Impedance ratio is voltage ratio squared.

You can measure inductance if you have an AC milliammeter. Inductance is Volts applied / current (gives reactance) then divided by 2*pi*50 (Hz).

Thank you both for your replies. I saw the bunker of doom site before but didn't find the information. I think Mr. Bavis might be right that they are OEM numbers. Although the unit was definitely a one off piece.
I suppose I will have to do some calculations then...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.