• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cathode feedback on the simple SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Ok,

If I get this right, Cathode feedback is the output of the tranformer send back to the tube, right?

Then, does using different loads (4, 8 or 16 ohms) has a different impact on the circuit or the sound?

In other word, does a 8 ohms output from the opt applied back to tube has the same sound or result than using the 16 ohms tap?

I'm about to put together George's Simple SE amp using 16 ohms speakers. I'd like to use Cathode feedback, and while looking at the circuit diagram, the question popped in my head...

now I gotta get it out of there
:xeye:

Yves

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.