• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Possible Test equipment find.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wouldn't you know it, just after I buy a brand new Oscilloscope to play with, a ebaying buddy from work tells me about a estate sale were he had bought a huge box of tubes for $20! EL 34s, KT88's , old TV camera tubes even?? Anyway, the estate had belonged to a very old man that was some type of tech guy, and had a big Lab in his home. Something was mentioned about him doing some audio work for the Star Wars movies? Anyway I just called, and they have 7 pieces of electronic (TEST?) gear left, but have no idea what it is. I wonder if it would be worth a 50 mile drive tomorrow? HMMMMMM. I could use a big power supply, and audio generator for the new audio design lab. What do you think??? Maybe even a digital scope? My buddy said he saw some Oscilloscopes, and thinks most things would go for less than $100. I think some of the good stuff may be gone already? Could just be some old crap left.....

I think I will:D

I've been studing on test gear later, but I really won't have a clue as to whats what? I'd hate to bring home another scope with a brand new scope arriving just today. (Analog BK).

Any must haves to look out for? I want a low distortion Signal generator for sure. A recent digital scope would be cool. I do not want old scopes or test gear that might break down. I only like working on amps, but a TEk 645 would nice to have.

OK, I just got back, and the bad news is they said there was a whole garage of high tech stuff, but only 4 items where left!:(

The good news is they said give us $50 and take it all! Older stuff, but I think I did OK.

1, Dirty Tektronics 2215 60mhz scope. Small crack on unside of bezel that surrounds the CRT. Didn't have much hope BUT guess what? It works!, and was calibrated in 2002.

2. HP 311A Distotion analyzer. I see a used online Tech store has one going for $900 :eek:

3 A matching HP 652 Test Oscillator. Both of these are rack mount.

4 A variac. Burnt up cord, and looks 1920's vintage?

What do you think.....

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
TubeMack said:
OK, I just got back, and the bad news is they said there was a whole garage of high tech stuff, but only 4 items where left!:(

The good news is they said give us $50 and take it all! Older stuff, but I think I did OK.

1, Dirty Tektronics 2215 60mhz scope. Small crack on unside of bezel that surrounds the CRT. Didn't have much hope BUT guess what? It works!, and was calibrated in 2002.

2. HP 311A Distotion analyzer. I see a used online Tech store has one going for $900 :eek:

3 A matching HP 652 Test Oscillator. Both of these are rack mount.

4 A variac. Burnt up cord, and looks 1920's vintage?

What do you think.....

Sounds like you did pretty well for $50!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.