• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple se parts, all needed?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The FREDs are not used until the tube rectifier bypass is shorted. If you plan on only using the GZ34 rectifier, you can omit them.

The CCSs are used as plate loads for the input stage to get as much gain as possible out of them. If you can find an equivalent part (high voltage), you should be able to substitute it with the corresponding modifications. I imagine you could also use resistors instead and sacrifice some gain. Not sure what that would sound like.

Russ

Hi guys, i just want to check something with you boys. . .

I am only using tube rectification so i can do without the freds and i don't need to put anything in their place?

Now, what can i use instead of the ccs and heatsinks? i don't want to deal with digikey as they have messed me around big time, so what are my options fella's?

This is the only thing stopping me from finishing the amp.
Thanks again,
Darran.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.