• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Rogers cadet mk 2 newbie project experience required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

i just purchased the cadet mk2 and pre from "'that'bay"....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....K:MEWNX:IT&item=290305466323#ebayphotohosting

i am a newbie who wants a project having already enjoyed the sound of a leak stereo 20 for many years. I would like any advice on where to start.I think i will connect a 40w bulb in series with the AC outlet and start her up incrementally, i.e. 5mins on, 5 mins off then a little longer etc to allow any components to readjust to having large current and voltage across them. I have been unable to find any schemtatics for this amp so any help here would be much appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any likely culprits/ components that would warrant replacement for better sounds or even any mods that have been done before, that would be great too. the amp is completley original right down to have the original valves purchased with it in 1963!!

thanks in advance to any replies...

stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.