• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Note Kit 1 PSU question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For 2 x 300B SE (60..75mA each) and 4 preamp stages for stereo (8..10mA each) I would work on a 200mA minimum rating...

alternatively, separate chokes for the preamp stages makes quite a bit of difference to the sound, I believe.

If you get the 150mA rated part, can increase the 300B cathode resistance to reduce current. I like 300B-SE at the 360V 60mA recommended by Western Electric - as best sounding and kind to the valves.

"If you get the 150mA rated part, can increase the 300B cathode resistance to reduce current. I like 300B-SE at the 360V 60mA recommended by Western Electric - as best sounding and kind to the valves."

....and You must increase mu preamp, change its anode and cathode
resistors.....I don't prefer You....The sound is different, If You use 300B
with Ia=50. 60, or 70 ma.

Hello,

I purchase and built the Audio Note Kit One back when it was sold by Angela Instruments, around 1997.

The choke that came with the kit at that time was specified at 10H/200mA.

I don't know if the specs have changed since then, but this seems to be around the range suggested by others.

Best,
KT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.