• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Incredible source for used transformers and parts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found myself in need of a higher voltage PT for my build of Eli Duttman's El Cheapo/Bargain Basement and stumbled across these guys:

www.oldradioparts.com

They have dozens and dozens of mostly used power transformers. I found many that would work for me and nearly all are under $20. Many of their prices seem lower than Ebay, and they allow returns! They've got all sorts of iron (interstage, mic input, chokes) as well as knobs, sockets, pots and small parts. The also sell tubes, but that ain't uncommon. They appear to exist for radio restorations, but I think they are a fantastic resource for not only budget hi-fi builds, but also parts for MI/PA gear. You could sure find cheap parts for a guitar amp scratch build too!

I just emailed them to check availability of the parts I'm interested in. I'll let you know how/if purchasing works out.

pj
www.wildburroaudiolabs.com
affordable, US-built fullrange loudspeaker drivers

It turns out this gent sells a few transformers! The first couple I asked about were already sold. He was able to offer a couple of alternatives. I got a NIB Stancor that should be precisely what I need. It ended up costing a couple bucks more than it would have on Ebay (I paid $40). But I was able to pick from a huge selection and I'll have it in 2 days with no hassle. And, I'll have a $3.50 little transformer for my B- supply in the same USPS flat rate box. These are a couple bucks more than his standard fare, but not in the catalog yet:

4513-807 --- Thor T-75R50
435-0-435 250ma,
80 volt bias tap,
5v 3a,
2.5vct 10a,
2.5v 3a
6.3vct 1.5a (low amps, meant for... 2.5v 2a3's, etc)
used $26.75

1362-346
Triad R-19A
375-0-375 @200ma,
80 volt bias tap
5v 3a,
6.3vct 6a
2.5vct 10a
Fig 1 -- 3 3/3, 4 1/2H, 4 1/2
used (like new) - $36.00

Seems like stuff that would be useful to a few of us. He is quick and easy to deal with, so check him out!

pj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.