• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ARC VT-60 Cloned :-)

I will receive PCB from my group buy of ARC VT-60 SE but I can't find where's a source of LM329 IC's ?

Schematic included 3*6DJ8, 4*6550 and I decide to use Hammond 1650P, too

Attachments

• b1 mini.jpg
    b1 mini.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,022
Hi Anadigit

Thanks for publishing the circuit. Taking into account the high signal level circuits the regulator is powering, there should be no real degradation using a zener. The 470uF and the low voltage electrolytics are Nichicon, the 100uF probably Chemicon.

Attachments

• vt60 cap.jpg
    vt60 cap.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,253
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm assuming that transistor shown in the ccs circuit was meant to be a jfet.. (In any case it is not a great ccs.)

One thought about the LM329 is that it will require far less current than the typical zener for normal operation, it also has a much smaller temperature coefficient than most zeners - that said a 6.9V zener typically has a relatively low temperature coefficient.

The only other thing I will add is that ARC solid state high voltage regulators are not very reliable IME, although in this application the plate load resistors provide enough isolation from potential load faults that this might not be an issue, line transients are another issue...

Our chassis

Next week our chassis group buy will be complete, my friend he used CNC for build this chassis !

My friend tested CCS already, it's OK and good for current control when you change value of resistor.

Now I waiting for my KT88 JJ and 6N1p for test our PCBs.

Thanks
Anadigit

Attachments

• vt60 chassis.png
    vt60 chassis.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,125