• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

First Time Pre Amp Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK. I just finished my first DIY build a month or two ago. I built a Tubelab Simple SE. And still to this day I am floored by its performance and how well it turned out in general.

Now...

Now I want to build a tube pre amp to drive the simple SE. Why? Because I love tubes and want more.:D Plus I want the added benefit of extra inputs and a tubed phono stage.

I'm currently looking at the offerings from Aikido right now but wanted to start a thread so maybe you guys could point me in the right direction.

I want a tube rectified pre amp with a phono stage that can drive the Simple SE.

Keep in mind I have no previous experience except the tubelab SE I built. So I need something thats so easy to build a cave man could do it.:D Or close to it.

If theres something I haven't covered just let me know.

But please feel free to post any recommendations, opionons, pictures, links, or help of any kind. I would appriciate it.

Thanks

Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.