• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SPICE modeling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure where this goes so I'm putting it here.

I'm trying to model Rozenblit's transcendence OTL amp in bSPICE and I'm having one problem. I can't seem to convert the schematic in the book and the one in bSPICE. So here's it is....

In the pics is a section of the PS and I'm trying to find out how to attach the screens and grids in bSPICE, so I can run the simulations.

Eternalightwithin

Attachments

• transcendence.gif
    transcendence.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 249
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
EternaLightWith said:
Not sure where this goes so I'm putting it here.

I'm trying to model Rozenblit's transcendence OTL amp in bSPICE and I'm having one problem. I can't seem to convert the schematic in the book and the one in bSPICE. So here's it is....

In the pics is a section of the PS and I'm trying to find out how to attach the screens and grids in bSPICE, so I can run the simulations.

Eternalightwithin

Maybe I don't see what exactly you mean, but in the b-spice circuit you have only wired up the anode and cathode. The left circuit just shows the heater circuit, which is something else completely.
I would think that if the penthode symbol is in the library, it will most probably have a model attached also. But you really have to wire up the complete circuit otherwise spice has no clue about the circuit. Forget about the ps for the moment, complete the circuit and use batteries for the DC supplies. Get that to run. Then start worrying about the fancy stuff.

Jan Didden

I'll do that

KISS, Good advice.

My point was that The power supply part has all these tubes with their heaters attached together, yet says nothing about the other parts, ie. grid, screen, anode, and cathode.

I'm more confused with rozenblit's circuit as I don't understand why having a bunch of tube heater connected in series, does anything. I thought it was suppsed to be a PS?

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

I'm more confused with rozenblit's circuit as I don't understand why having a bunch of tube heater connected in series, does anything. I thought it was suppsed to be a PS?

The heaters are only part of the PSU, see my post in your other thread.

The PSU shows the bipolar supply for the output tubes, the bias supply for them and the B+ for the input and phasesplitter.

All rather straightforward if I may say so.

Any particular reason you want to model it in Spice?

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.