• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Will This work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The wife said to "clean up" the basement. In the process of moving stuff around I had to move my "workhorse" 6V6PP amp much farther away from the Computer Desk that I work at and play MP3's at.

Using a longer set of RCA's(6ft), coupled with the very low power output of my Soundcard caused the amp to sound like ISHT.

I was also cleaning up the work bench and putting stuff in it's proper place after months of tinkering. I had been looking up some of the specs on the 27/37/56/76 tubes for another poster and it got me thinking about my "collection" of older tubes.

I also happened upon a NOS PT from the late 30's that I had never really found a "home" for since it only has about 85mA's.

So I Googled and came across a few 76 preamps and got to thinking that I really do not need a lot of gain just need to drive the longer RCA's and came up with this. 76 Gain stage into 1/2 6SN7 Cathode follower. Since I am still learning can anyone check it over for me?

Just looking for any major pitfalls. If the gain/sound quality is a little off so be it. Just itching to solder something that has a purpose and I have ALL the stuff I need to build this with so NO COST to explain to the wife! LOL :)

Attachments

• 76 - 6sn7 preamp.jpg
    76 - 6sn7 preamp.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 163
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.