• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

bevois valley clone from eico hf-12 iron..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so i wire up a clone using the schematic from the mj book i recently received. i used the transformers from an eico hf-12 that was headed for its maker..

everything is great until i connect the feedback with the bypass cap. feedback with just resistance is fine. i have swapped the primary leads on the output trans. already so i know its not that.

i seem to get distortion on peaks when i have the cap across the feedback resistor. im taking feedback off the 8ohm tap which i assume is correct because the schematic in the book shows the o.t. as being 8 ohm. i believe m. j. used an old leak20 for his circuit.

they do seem like different values for feedback than ive seen in most amps, is this circuit just not suitable for this eico iron? what am i doing wrong? --lost in bevois valley

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.