• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Want to build tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am considering trying to build my own tube amp. Never built anything like an amp before. Very limited knowledge. Willing to apply myself and learn whatever it takes. Would like to build about a 25w stereo amp, high quality, preferably from a kit.
Any suggestions? Advice? Direction.
Might sound like I am biting off more than I can chew, but I am very diligent and never give up!
OK...blast me!
Jeff:bigeyes:

^^^ agree, need a bit more information to make a suggestion. Just some advice too, 25watts in tube SE = difficult to dangerous, in tube PP = easier but can be complicated. Read up very closely on tube safety, tube can be dangerous or deadly! Otherwise, as long as you are diligent, cool headed, persistent, and don't mind reading, you have come to the right place.

BTW keep cost in mind too, as you add watts to a tube amp, you add dollar signs quick, even more so than with solid state.

Cheers

James

Poinz' 6V6 music machine is triode wired for 6-7 watts, and his EL34 version is triode wired for 16 watts.

What about an ST-70 dynaclone?

Available as a kit, parts, or scrounge for iron and scratch build.

Here is a link for a Dynaclone ST-70 kit:

http://store.triodestore.com/dynacoupgrades.html

There are other variations of these kits around also. Depending on your skill level, should be straightforward to build, and you can modify it later (triode, etc) for additional joy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.