• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

first amp build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I am a tube newbie and have a few questions about building my first amplifier. I have read a lot of threads and sites and have seen many schematics, a bit overwhelming. To have a higher chance of success, I would like to build an amp that many have already built and that has a schematic and parts list associated with it. I have come across older threads about building Eli's "El Cheapo" amp. There is a link http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane/elcheapo.htm to the parts list but links that I have found to the schematics no longer work. This seems like a good amp to building because I believe many have built it and someone put a parts list together.
Does anyone have information on getting an updated schematic and parts list for this amp? Can anyone share details of their build and results? Any other recommendations of an easy amp to build under $250?

Thanks,
skipper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.