• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

7591 is glowing RED

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all.Getting ready to recap & freshin up my sansui 1000a tube reciever.It works ok. However after 5 or 6 minutes one of the 7591s start to glow red. #A tube. (the vertical plate inside the tube). I did some voltage measurments when I first turned it on.Tube A cap +230v/-20 trim pot -18/-27/-23. Tube B cap +34v/-22 trim pot -17/-27/-22. Tube C cap +223v/-17 trim pot -18/-26/-22. Tube D cap +33/-21 trim pot -18/-27/-22. The last # on the trim pot looked like the wiper lead. Just for the heck of it I swaped the #6AN8 tubes There next in the circut line up & after 5 or 6 minutes # C tube started to glow red. Can I assume that I have a weak #6an8 tube???? By the way the next tube set in the circut lineup would be #12AX7s. Thanks in advance, tom

WOW, deja vu!

I stated the following when you asked a couple of weeks ago:

"Hi, Definately replace the 4 caps that go to the control grids of the 7591 output tubes. These are almost always bad, so to change them is a must. The other caps in the unit will also be leaky but those are the main 4 that need to be replaced."

Now you probably have a 7591 that is no longer good. Why did you evn bother asking in the first place if you were just going to plug it in and see what happens? Maybe you have money to burn?

There are a lot of smart people on here that offer good advice from their own experience... you should take it, it's free.
Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.