• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audioromy FU13 (813) diagram and mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Koifarm,
I found your Shanling T100 mod, with direct tube output. Since it is tube thread, I would like to ask for a little help. Lately I bought Shanling SDC 300 SACD player. It has two PCM1792 DAC in mono mode. It means, that for one channel exist four current outputs ( each two simmetrical ) with ca 3,8 mA p-p with ca - 4 mA bias. There are 8 op amps for the channel and tube-cathode follower output. Do you have some experience with I/V resistor conversion for such DACS? TI claims, that such conversion will deteriorate signal parameters.
Please comment

Burned resistors, appalling PSU, under-spec capacitors, failed pots, biasing doesn't work, negative feedback on an SE amp (= cheap output transformer), dying power transformers, no support whatsoever from the factory and people still buying them!!!

Why don't you go ahead and build something, I fail to understand, really! OK, it is nice to look at. That must be it. So I m guessing you bought it for looks, then you realise what you bought and then you try to polish the ...mud.

Last edited:
I have a start up problem on my Audioromy. During the last months, the power switch became more and more slugish to turn on. Finally it would not start unless I twist the switch hard to the on position. I got a new switch rated 250 V 16A. The amp starts up and in a pop shuts down again. I changed the capacitor by the relay for an uprated one (47uF 100V 105degrees). Same thing happens. I see the omron relay is rated for 50 V not 250V, hmmm... Can anybody confirm the type of omron relay?

What now?
Check if the heater voltage is coming up first?

Last edited:
Finished modifying the Soundstage 813 to Peter Millets circuit. Got rid of feedback switch, alps pot and input switch only kept the power supply. A huge improvement in the sound, screechy treble gone, very dynamic and plenty of bass, can even play Telarcs's Stravinsky Rite of spring. I don't think there is much wrong with the out put transformer on this amp. Using millets circuit ONLY one interstage cap not 4. Same as the Audioromy 813 impossible to get get a circuit. I was told if they handed out the circuit people would copy it!!!! What a joke.

I replaced the faulty cap for 47uF/160V/105C. Now FU13 works as usual. I believe, that the original cap was from faulty batch. I run the unit more than 3 hours and it was really hot, specially inside. It is american product. Now I will work over the bias to reduce it to ca 65 mA. Then I will try to reduce NFB and see impact on the sound.

Savim

My amp has blown the fuse following what sounded like chattering of a relay. The capacitor adjacent the relay isn't bulging but I presume could still have failed. Does the failing of the capacitor result in the relay chattering? How to easily diagnose a failed capacitor? Any other advise appreciated.
Should i just replace the capacitor and failed fuse and try powering up again?

is this amp still available? is there any info i can get? or anyone have one fully working non modified / lightly mod and thinking of selling it?

sorry for bumping an old thread, just super curious about this amp o_O Thanks. yesman94 These amps are very unreliable. terrible sound unless modified the power transformer On mine went; a friend of mine bought two of these amps very cheap, both of them had blown power transformers. my friend replaced the transformers and modified the amps to Peter Millets 813 circuit.

Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.