• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audioromy FU13 (813) diagram and mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
(your Norwegian name would maybe have been "Anders Evenes")

No - I'm solid Welsh. When I was a jazz musician I lived and played in Oslo for 6 years (lots of Club 7), and also had the good fortune to do a lot of educational tours round Norway with Rikskonsertene ("the rich concerts"). Learned to speak it fairly well in the end. Lovely place, and some lovely people - some without too much humour and some with absolutely wonderful sense of humour. Interesting immigrant population as well - many quite freaked out by how different Norway is to their own backgrounds. I mean - a country where they bury their fish in the ground and keep cheeses in bed......

andy

Ahh yes and Norwegians are known for being nonconformist inventors who never capitalize on their ideas, so in that spirit, here is a sketch of my previous proposal.

Attachments

• audioromybiasadjmodule.jpg
    audioromybiasadjmodule.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,484
Audioromy 813 rectifier flash

I´ve recently observed an unusual phenomenon with my amp; on starting the rectifier tube sometimes emits a purple flash in the top of the tube. Today it also made a small snap sound and it seems the left filament glows earlier than the right, as seen from the front of the amp. It is the standard 5Z3P tube. Any suggestions anyone?

fu13 nfb

Hi I am new to tubes, and I have a question concerning AUDIOROMY FU13 amp (I do not know if these questions are naive so excuse me). From schematic I can see that a NFB is applied. Can this amp work without NFB. Is it fisible. What modification are needed besides removing the FB loop.Alsohas anyone tryied this with good results. Is there any potential risk?

Thanks

Where I live in Norway we have 235V measured on the grid although ourt specified voltage is 220V. I have no problems adjusting the bias. Have you measured the voltage in the wall ? It may be different than the 240 V specifications.

Hi there.
I've got a bit of problem with mine .
Just cant get bias lower then .72v.Its just too hot.Im in Aus and here is 240v ,just wondering if that's somehow confuse things.
Amp is new .
Anybody ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.