Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Audioromy FU13 (813) diagram and mods
Audioromy FU13 (813) diagram and mods
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th May 2014, 03:56 AM   #101
scstocks is offline scstocks  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koifarm View Post
Hallo Phil,

New amps are not avaible. You have to build them yourself or buy a used one.
I use mine now for 6 years and it is still my best sounding amp ever.

Ronny
Just wanted to chime in that I am also a very happy owner of this amp.

I received the 6dj8 and 6V6 version. I have never opened the amp in the 5 or 6 years I have had it. I run it with two silent usb 92mm fans I got from newegg years ago. They move the air away from those huge FU-13's pretty well.

It crackled some with some amperex bugle boy 6dg8's I swapped out, so I replaced them with Mullard Master 10M 6922's, and it blew my mind. I also rolled the 5zp3 to a RCA 5u4G, and the 6v6's to a pair of tung-sol two tone ones I had here. Now dead silent. I slowly acquired 2 extra sets of the finned FU-13's, but so far I am still running the originals. I won't rebias until I swap out those.

Thanks for all of your posts over the years. You are the reason I purchased this amp in the first place. What a sound! I feel like I have to thank the performers for showing up and hanging out on my sofa's while playing a set. I once had 4 Denon 2400a SS optical class a's running through a Lexicon DC preamp, and this is just a whole different, more natural, 2 channel, experience.

I am wondering about rolling the RCA 5u4G to a NOS Masushita 5ar4 when I finally need to replace the FU-13's as they likely are reaching the end of their life span by now. Any thoughts on that tube roll?

I listen to it just about every day. (4-5 times a week,) I run it on a variac, it doesn't power on at all until the variac reaches 68 volts, then over about 30 seconds to a minute, I stop the variac at 104V which I had calibrated to 110V years ago when I got the amp. These amps were made to run at 110V, My house gets about 120v-122v, so I variac it down some.

So far by far my favorite of 40 tube amps, many in various stages of repair/modification. I run with some early 90's bookshelf type speakers and most of my amps with these speakers, (6 sets now,) I use small 8-10 inch subs, but on this 838A, I use an earthquake 15 inch barely turned up. It has a remote to the sub so changing bass output is easy.

Anyway, Thanks Again. I haven't listened to those Denon's in years, and reached a musical nirvana I never thought possible.
Old 14th February 2018, 05:41 PM   #102
Koifarm is offline Koifarm  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

2018, i still like my audioromy best.

Are there more people who still use this amp?
And are there people who would build this amp if there is a diy kit?

I am asking because i have got a lot of offers to sell my amp.(i dont).
If there is enough interrest i can make a design with good available parts.

Ronny

Last edited by Koifarm; 14th February 2018 at 05:46 PM.

Audioromy FU13 (813) diagram and modsHide this!Advertise here!