handwound transformers.com - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2003, 01:24 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Red face handwound transformers.com

has anyone had any experience with them
they sell on ebay where they have good ratings but slow shipping
thanks
Old 18th April 2003, 02:45 AM   #2
PassFan is offline PassFan  United States
diyAudio Member

I seem to have fallen through there crack. It took me 6 months and numerous emails. They did answer all my emails and I wasn't in a hurry so I cut them some slack. I am almost ready to try out their product so I can't comment yet. Dmitry just fired up his amp and he loves them. Best deal he ever got he said. I will know soon.
Old 18th April 2003, 02:57 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

thanks
the word is they take for ever
Old 18th April 2003, 03:05 PM   #4
mig-ru is offline mig-ru  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Skippy is right, great products, i ordered OPT's and a PT from them. Although it takes longer than the advertised four weeks, the products are very high quality and come well packaged and with easy to follow diagrammes of what each wire is. Being somewhat impatient I did keep emailing them after the four weeks, and received my transformer two months from the order date. I guess in this case u sacrifice time instead of money for a high quality product.
Old 18th April 2003, 03:45 PM   #5
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yldouright Send a message via Yahoo to yldouright
Where are these guys located? I don't run ActiveX so the website is mostly unavailable to me.
Old 18th April 2003, 03:58 PM   #6
mig-ru is offline mig-ru  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

They're in Pennsylvania.
Old 22nd April 2004, 04:22 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Ive been waiting to recieve my transformers since november 2003 from handwound. Which to me means there probably not gonna come. I wouldn't recomend buying from Dave.

planetpysh
Old 22nd April 2004, 10:34 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mig-ru
the products are very high quality
Has anyone actually tested their electrical characteristics? What core material is used? M6? There is a reason expensive iron is expensive.
Old 23rd April 2004, 07:12 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff mai
Has anyone actually tested their electrical characteristics?
If you do a search on AudioAsylum's TubeDIY forum there are a lot of threads on Handwound like this whole thread , thread about horribly out of spec trannis , thread about long overdue deliveries , rattling parts in a tranni.

It also seems that the guy ran a prior business with ESL speaker kits over on AudioCircuit and left a lot of people holding the bag. Unfortunately, that site reorganized itself some time ago and I cannot find the thread.

So, some people have gotten bad trannis, some people have gotten a good deal, and it seems like a lot of people have gotten straight up ripped off.
Old 23rd April 2004, 08:28 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Handwound

If you pester them CONSTANTLY you will eventually receive something.

I've received 2 sets of transformers. The first was 5KSE, the primary inductance was <<1H I returned these and eventually received some replacements that were better, but still poor.

I also have a pair of 10KSE's from them that aren't anywhere close to the specs that were advertised.

Frankly the inexpensive Hammond stuff sounds better and is readily available. The Handwound stuff looks nice but that's about all they have going for them between the shipping hassles and poor performance.

Deal with Magnequest, Electraprint or Hammond. All make great products in various price ranges, provide excellent support etc.

Hide this!Advertise here!