• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

bogen amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
picked this amp up and was wondering what u think. replace the nobs or get rid of theme and make a new base from wood and copper. dont really need a preamp anyway got a line stage tube preamp already

help what would u do:scratch:

Attachments

• bogen-1.jpg
    bogen-1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 521
info on bogen

This single channel tube amp was sercviced over the last few days, having power supply filters and bias supply filters replaced.It has also had some tubes replaced. It is now up and running very nicely. All tubes test fine. It uses a pair of 6L6 power tubes in a push-pull format. It also uses a 5U4 rectifier, three 12AT7's, and a single 12AU7. Has inputs for tape, radio, aux and phono. Handles magnetis and ceramic phono cartridges. Cosmetics are fine. It had been sitting for a long time before I picked it up at an estate sale so there was a lot of dust on it. It cleaned up nicely. It was missing one knob and I replaced it with a similar (but not exact) type. I have listened to the amp all afternoon and it has that sweet midrange and treble that you expect from a tube amplifier. It is really nice

now just to get another one:scratch:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Re: finally

karma said:
It's cleaned up nicely, but the cord and rca and speaker
terminals are ratty. Should I replace with new, and what's the best way of geting rid of rust on transformers?

You need to talk to the vintage radio people. A good book is "Electronic Classics" by Andrew Emmerson. Take care, it's easy to reduce value.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.