• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

new SimpleSE build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Building a pair of SimpleSE amps and have the first working. I am using an Allied power trans and Triad choke, with Edcor GXSE opt's. I have Genalex Gold Lion Kt88's and Kt77's and am using the Dayton film and foil cap.I dont yet have my HVAC motor run caps (to arrive Friday).
As speakers I have the Emerald Physics CS2 clone. With only about an hour on each set of tubes the KT77/EL34 sounds great on the tweeters. (BMS 4552ND and DDS waveguide). The KT88's dont have the grunt for the four Alpha 15a's,(running UL) but as stated, I dont have the run caps yet, I haven't tried s/s rectifiers yet and who-knows maybe the Edcors middle series wont have the low end grunt. Later I might try the CXSE series or Hammond 1628, but George is working on a push/pull which should have more power.
A great amp for a newbie tube builder like me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.