• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ECC 83 + ELL 80 maybe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was able to save the parts from an old Philips B8D42AS radio, schematics. It contained some tubes as follows:

2 pcs ELL80
2 pcs EM87
2 pcs ECC808
1 pcs ECC83
1 pcs ECC85
1 pcs EF184
1 pcs ECH81
1 pcs EAF801

After some searching, the ELL 80 is a rare tube, I decided to go with this schematic:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

From this website.

Power trafo primary side:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Power trafo secondary side:

Output trafo (pusch-pull):

First, the power-trafo seams to be broken. I hooked it up for 220V operation as stated in the schematic but can only measure 3.8V AC between pin 6 and 8 or 9, and between pin 7 and 8 or 9, everything else give 0V.

So... what do you think. Should I give it a go or do you recommend something else? It will be my first tube-amp if I give it a go...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.