• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hybrid Class D with 6n6p tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How does the sound compare ..direct input to the UcD modules and via the tubed input stage .

dc or ac heater voltage ?
Regulated tube supply ?

How is the hum level ? Non-existent or very low ?

Very neat and nice looking. Great job.

I don't think I'll ever get my surroundings to look so neat and clutter free ! Or is that out of view behind the camera ?;)

Dynaudio 52's ?

Thanks for the nice reply's.

kenpeter said:

Are the tubes aware of the output, or kept out of the
Class-D loop?
They are kept out of the Class-D loop. This to keep it simple and i do not like feedback in analoge audiopath.

ashok said:
How does the sound compare ..direct input to the UcD modules and via the tubed input stage .

After listening to hypex modules for several years i got bored of the sound. Bypassing the hypex inputbuffer ( opamp ) and adding a tube buffer makes the sound more live like, less boring a kind of sparking was added by the tubebuffer. I tried several tube setup's ( principals, brands and type's) but the 6n6p in SRPP i like the best. Just one capacitor in the analogepath

dc or ac heater voltage ?
Regulated tube supply ?

DC heater supply right from the SMPS. Anode tube supply right from the SMPS ( 60 Volt ).

How is the hum level ? Non-existent or very low ?

No humm perceptible on my dynaudio's.

I don't think I'll ever get my surroundings to look so neat and clutter free ! Or is that out of view behind the camera ?;)

Dynaudio 52's ?

Yes, the speakers are Dynaudio Audience 52 modded with soundpulp ( aramid wool ).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.