Please, reccomand me about 7233 GE NOS - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 10:09 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Default Please, reccomand me about 7233 GE NOS

Hi,

I need your precious raccomandations about GE 7233 NOS.
Basically this tube has all technical requisites I need . But I have not experience on it so every suggestions will be very precious for me
Is it good in terms of microphonicity? ( perdone me if I am annoing with microphonicity but this is my obsession ! )

Thanks,
Paolo
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 06:41 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Please guys,
I need your experience here.....

thanks,
Paolo
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 06:52 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
dsavitsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hartford
Default Re: Please, reccomand me about 7233 GE NOS

Quote:
Originally posted by inertial
Basically this tube has all technical requisites I need.
I doubt many people have played with it. I have a few in a box, but I've never plugged them in. But, if it has all the specs you need, then you really just need to give it a try. It would not be surprising if it is noisy, however.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 07:04 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Thanks

With noisy, do you mean thermical/ionization noise like hiss, hum ,etc?
I am not worried by this, I have fear of microphonicity, my black beast!

Cheers,
Paolo
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 09:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
tubelab.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: West Virginia panhandle
Quote:
I doubt many people have played with it. I have a few in a box, but I've never plugged them in.
The 7233 is a regulator pass tube similar to 1/2 of a 6AS7. It was used in HP sweep generators and not much else. Therefore it is somewhat uncommon and costs about $10 to $15 each. I bought some and investigated their use as output tubes. I had an amplifier running using the 7233 as the output tube in both common cathode and cathode follower configuration. For this they work quite well with no unusual noise or distortion. They may be suitable for use in low signal stages, but I have not actually tried them.

The Russian 6S19P is a similar tube with a different pinout. It costs a lot less, so I have been using it for my experiments.
__________________
Too much power is almost enough! Turn it up till it explodes - then back up just a little.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 12:21 AM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
hey-Hey!!!,
I have used this one in a linestage. I got four used ones from a Tek 'scope. They served very well, no noise and no misbehaviour. The linestage( and half my 7233 stock ) died when I bent my truck while transporting it.
cheers,
Douglas
__________________
the Tnuctipun will return
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 01:58 AM   #7
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
I first tried them as output line drivers from a line stage and also as the output in a headphone amp. Good tube and no trouble with it but I found other similar types more to my taste soundwise. I've also been using them for their intended purpose as regulator tubes for around five years now and for that application I like them.
As for microphonics yes they can be but if you spend some time playing with microphonic tubes you can deal with them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 12:03 PM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by tubelab.com


The 7233 is a regulator pass tube similar to 1/2 of a 6AS7. It was used in HP sweep generators and not much else. Therefore it is somewhat uncommon and costs about $10 to $15 each. I bought some and investigated their use as output tubes. I had an amplifier running using the 7233 as the output tube in both common cathode and cathode follower configuration. For this they work quite well with no unusual noise or distortion. They may be suitable for use in low signal stages, but I have not actually tried them.

The Russian 6S19P is a similar tube with a different pinout. It costs a lot less, so I have been using it for my experiments.

Wow , thanks tubelab, good to know it !

Does the 6S19P has the same (4) mu of the 7233?

P.S. My idea for it is a driver for a 100W power buffer ( 1X ) in AB/class with 2/3 pair of Sanken 16N-16P

cheers,
Paolo
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 12:05 PM   #9
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Bandersnatch
hey-Hey!!!,
I have used this one in a linestage. I got four used ones from a Tek 'scope. They served very well, no noise and no misbehaviour. The linestage( and half my 7233 stock ) died when I bent my truck while transporting it.
cheers,
Douglas

Linestage? interesting, seems perfect in this application IMO
No microphonics ( excuse , I need datas for make "statistic")?
What brand?

Cheers,
Paolo
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 12:09 PM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Hearinspace
I first tried them as output line drivers from a line stage and also as the output in a headphone amp. Good tube and no trouble with it but I found other similar types more to my taste soundwise.
Please can you describe the sound of 7233 a bit?


Quote:
[i]
I've also been using them for their intended purpose as regulator tubes for around five years now and for that application I like them.
As for microphonics yes they can be but if you spend some time playing with microphonic tubes you can deal with them. [/B]
What brand are you referring? Are some better than others in this aspect?

Thanks,
Paolo
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:44 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2