Inside information on Shuguang - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2009, 03:13 PM   #11
igrant is offline igrant  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Re: wow, imagine...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Kitic
ust a short note regarding the above:

Wow, there is someone who really earns for a living with tubes and audio equipment! These people get to follow forums, provide help and information were needed, deal with niceties such as vacuum tubes...

Just imagine the opposite: less than 250km from me is (or was...) another vacuum tube factory (Ei) but unlike Shuguang it has long since gone bankrupt, awaits to be sold, or whatever... BUT, people do not earn for a living dealing with tubes and audio equipment where I live

I have to earn for a living, too... but I have to do some other stuff, leaving me very little time for vacuum tubes, or wheatever else...

If only I believed in reincarnation, that would help me hope for the best in some other life, where I would have been born somewhere else: either too far from things (thus unaware) or where anything counts (thus being aware and doing something I like... be it audio, tubes, robots... whatever).

But, I am not a believer. One day, it will just be the end of the game. A game you loose by birth.

Tell me about equality...
In a book I always recommend to people called The Force, by Stewart Wilde, it talks about how we actually choose our life and circumstances to get 'experience' in the physical plane. You might want to read it.

I will always appreciate being smart enough to pick being born in Canada One of the rare occasions I got something right.

Alex, PM or email us, we have a Home Demonstrator program that could work for you in Serbia. Btw, lived in Romania for a couple of years in the late 90's, so have a bit of an idea of what life is like for you.

Rachel, you should get your own handle here, people might start thinking I'm smart like you.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 13th February 2009, 03:31 PM   #12
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
I am
diyAudio Member

Ian,

thanks for stepping in...

but Mr. Kitic lives in Serbia (former Yugoslavia)...not Siberia brrr...

Old 13th February 2009, 03:34 PM   #13
igrant is offline igrant  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stixx
Ian,

thanks for stepping in...

but Mr. Kitic lives in Serbia (former Yugoslavia)...not Siberia brrr...

Another example of me screwing up even the simplest of things I know it was Serbia, but my fingers and brain have issues. Thanks, fixed it.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 13th February 2009, 04:38 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cauhtemoc
Thanks Rachel, that helps a lot.

By the way, you said that the Shuguang factory is owned by the Chinese government, but there are rumours that it is owned by Samsung. Any comments on this?

Shuguang is a group of companies - what we usually refer as "Shuguang" in the audio world is their vacuum tube factory which is a very small part of the group.

The Shuguang Group, aka "Shuguang Electron Group Co. Ltd." is still state-owned and is the parent company for all subsidiaries.

One subsidiary is a joint-venture with LG called "LG Philips Shuguang Electron Group Co., Ltd" - which has LG as majority shareholder.

But of course in China things are never that straight forward - LG has majority shares but it doesn't necessarily mean they call all the shots. It's still the people who make decisions - and guess who they are? Shuguang's Chinese high ranking staff from the parent company who has multiple titles throughout the group

If you are so confused by Shuguang's structure, here is link to an organization chart. Now you will understand why they have thousands of employees http://www.shuguangelec.com/en/anency.asp

I did a post on Grant Fidelity forum about their tube factory by pulling some information and pictures from Chinese forums (my 2nd source of rumors . If you are interested in having a look of the tube factory, here it is: http://grantfidelity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215

Best,
Rachel
Old 13th February 2009, 05:15 PM   #15
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
I am
diyAudio Member

Quote:
One day everything will be better, even in srpska republika (sorry for my writing).
Ooops, made a mistake my self...
Of course it is Srbija not the above...
Old 13th February 2009, 08:44 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Just out of curiosity I've seen tube that are labeled (named) "Sino". Are these the same as the ones everyone is talking about here named "Shuguang"? Both seems to be made in China and I was wondering if its a different factory or not.

Excuse me for my ignorance...

Hide this!Advertise here!