• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

bad 5ar4?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to get a st-70 clone kit to work. A trouble shooting page said to check for continuity between pin 4 & 6 (comming off of each plate), it didn't say weather there should or not be continuity. On my tube there is not, I assume this means it's bad. I would appreciate any help you people could give me!!!

Sturmj,

As Boywonder said - but for completeness sake, you did not mention whether the 'trouble shooting page' meant in circuit or not. In an operational circuit there will of course be "continuity' in the sense that the resistance of a power transformer secondary will be measured there. I would guess about 100 - 150 ohm depending on the transformer.

(Rather strange advice in those pages. One should define continuity; also not sure why they chose that particular item to check for - nevertheless.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.