• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help Russian tube experts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have quite a few Soviet era tubes... 6N6Ps and 6N1P-EVs made in the Novosibirsk factory all in the 1960s. Some of the tubes have a little dab of red paint, some yellow paint, and others with no paint on the little glass point, right at the top of the tubes. I have some batches with the same manufacture date, with all three types of tips. I'm pretty sure this is some kind of grading system. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

twystd

I've seen this before, I'm assuming it was just old suppliers, or perhaps the manufacturer after sitting on stock... retesting their tubes and marking them as tested.

I've had big (transmitting) Russian tubes with.. say 1965 manuf. date, and a stamp on it saying retested in the 70's. same idea I'm sure, but won't fit on a mini tube.

Yeah. I've heard about that, but from what I understand the thermal markings are the actual labels. I'm talking about paint that doesn't change colors, and is right at the very tip of the little glass spike, at the very top of the tube. I'll take a photo tomorrow and post.

Thanks,
twystd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.