Bogen CHB 10A questions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2009, 03:46 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bogen CHB 10A questions

I just picked up a Bogen CHB 10A PA amp and the imputs are a phono jack, and a screw on mic. input. How do I wire a 1/4" jack when the phone input has one wire and is grounded to the chassis. And the mic. input has three wires. Also the speaker output jack has three wires. I know there can be high voltage and need to be very careful. This has not been plugged in in years and I know how to use a screw driver to discharge the caps. I am also going to replace the caps so if anyone know a good source for these let me know. I know there are some threads on this sight for upgrades for this model for conversion to a guitar amp but I don't feel able enough for some mods. I can replace caps and resistors, and have done that before.
Thanks for any help.

consoleb
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:18 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here is a schematic. http://schmarder.com/radios/schemati...n-chb10a-4.jpg
The microphone input is the one I would use. Be careful not to overdrive it. The schematic shows a standard output transformer.
Just avoid the 25 and 70 volt connections. Use instead the movable lead attatched to pin 2. You can use the connections on
pins 1 an 2. The microphone input has two connections only.
I sincerely hope this helps.
Old 2nd February 2009, 07:31 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you so much.

Consoleb
Old 4th February 2009, 01:40 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default new input jacks

I want to replace the mic and phono jack with 1/4" input jacks for guitar, but when I went to radio shack they sold (1/4 Mono OPEN CIRCUIT jacks , and 2 conductor CLOSED CIRCUIT jacks. Which do I use open or closed circuit. Also as I stated before the existing phono jack has only one wire to it and is grounded to the chassis, and the mic input has three wires connected to it.

Thanks

consoleb

Hide this!Advertise here!