• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Bogen CHB 10A questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just picked up a Bogen CHB 10A PA amp and the imputs are a phono jack, and a screw on mic. input. How do I wire a 1/4" jack when the phone input has one wire and is grounded to the chassis. And the mic. input has three wires. Also the speaker output jack has three wires. I know there can be high voltage and need to be very careful. This has not been plugged in in years and I know how to use a screw driver to discharge the caps. I am also going to replace the caps so if anyone know a good source for these let me know. I know there are some threads on this sight for upgrades for this model for conversion to a guitar amp but I don't feel able enough for some mods. I can replace caps and resistors, and have done that before.
Thanks for any help.

consoleb

Here is a schematic. http://schmarder.com/radios/schematics/images/bogen-chb10a-4.jpg
The microphone input is the one I would use. Be careful not to overdrive it. The schematic shows a standard output transformer.
Just avoid the 25 and 70 volt connections. Use instead the movable lead attatched to pin 2. You can use the connections on
pins 1 an 2. The microphone input has two connections only.
I sincerely hope this helps. :)

new input jacks

I want to replace the mic and phono jack with 1/4" input jacks for guitar, but when I went to radio shack they sold (1/4 Mono OPEN CIRCUIT jacks , and 2 conductor CLOSED CIRCUIT jacks. Which do I use open or closed circuit. Also as I stated before the existing phono jack has only one wire to it and is grounded to the chassis, and the mic input has three wires connected to it.

Thanks

consoleb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.