• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Wouldn't you just love to have these!. United Electronics 211's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I just come across someone selling UE 211 triodes. Do you guys other sources ?

This is the first time I have seen them before. I was told by someone at Audionote that there better than the GE VT4C's or 845's. I guess they are used in the Ongaku etc. But supply must be a real problem and getting them at good quality. I would of bought them if I hadn't been so tight with money just moving house so I have had to sell my Mullard's GZ 37.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137685

I was told by audionote that the Tungsol 5687 was the best sounding they have heard. There probably is certain versions military etc.

Attachments

• vt4cunitedelectronics.jpg
    vt4cunitedelectronics.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 450
I had 2 pairs of United 211....Never compared with other 211 from United but I was told these are best. :D It's JAN Navy CUE38111.... I've various 211/VT4C tubes from GE...Replacing the GE VT4C with the United CUE38111 yeilds overall sonice reult...More powerful low-end as well as highs...Better in any way compared to all the different version of GE's that I had.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.