• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Component ID from a 50EH5 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am having trouble identifying this component. Written on the component is the following:

SIEMENS
E125 C150
Kc 0,8b 11/8
Made in Germany
+ -

Thanks for the help.

alan

Attachments

• 100_0891_2.jpg
    100_0891_2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 114
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It's a selenium rectifier, and toxic. This looks like a relatively low voltage, low current version, although I do not have the magic decoder ring to hand. I'd use something like a 600PIV 1- 2A diode (2 terminal) or bridge (if 4 terminals present on current device) to replace this, higher current and voltage ratings will not hurt.

One other thing to bear in mind is that these rectifiers had substantial voltage drop under load and you may need to compensate for the lower losses in silicon rectifiers. In this application it should not be critical

The magic smoke these devices make when they fail is quite toxic, and this item should be disposed of as toxic electronic waste.. i.e. probably not in your regular daily trash.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.