KT88 PP-5 Monoblock Amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2009, 03:02 AM   #1
zcables is offline zcables  United States
diyAudio Member

Default KT88 PP-5 Monoblock Amplifier

Has anyone ever built this amp before or know anything about it? It's a 400w monoblock that uses KT88s, and that would be a killer combo for any speakers. It's from 1957, but still could be a solid design. I've been looking for a good project that has good sound quality and high powered. I tried to do a search on this topic before posting, so I apologize if this is a repeat.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/audio/kt88_7.htm
Old 26th January 2009, 09:25 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I knew I had seen this schematic before, but I don't blame you for not finding it using the search functions of the forum. I chased the old thread, and here it is. Most, if not all, is already said there!

Need Help Understanding/Optimising a Schematic

Erik
Old 26th January 2009, 04:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for posting that. It was a very educational and depressing read as monos those size would have been awesome. I will look for another design, and probably one that has been built once or twice.
Old 26th January 2009, 06:22 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Glad it helped! Sure they would look nice, but as one of the members said in the other thread, who needs 400W?

Good luck in the further search: remember that power is not everything!
Old 26th January 2009, 07:09 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ErikdeBest
Sure they would look nice, but as one of the members said in the other thread, who needs 400W?
Well, I need 400w tube monos as much as other people need 1000w McIntosh monos. I do know that power isn't everything as I am currently running 15wpc tubes that I built, but who doesn't like more power...

Hide this!Advertise here!