• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

visio shapes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I've been working on circuit layouts in Visio 2003 and some of their shapes for tubes are lacking. I've seen some attractive layouts done around here and I'm curious if anyone has a set of shapes they've either found or created that are tube-centric. For example, if someone has a nice rectifier tube shape it would really come in handy. Suggestions or links please!

thanks
desmond

Linear Tech's LTSpice/SwitchCADIII is free and has tube symbols.
Spice models of many popular tubes to be found at Duncan Amps,
but you don't necessarily need them to draw a pretty picture.

I used SwitchCADIII as a schematic drawing program for a long
time before I figured out how to make the models simulate stuff.

I have used Visio for years and ended up making all my own tube and transformer symbols. There are so many different tube types that it is almost the only way to do it.

I usually just copy a symbol I like from one drawing to the next rather than creating a stencil. In fact I frequently just copy a whole drawing when I start a new one and past it into the new work space. That way the power supply is there along with many of the components I need for the new drawing.

Here is a simple schematic I drew using Visio and then saved as a jpg. Note that the symbols from the Visio templates are the input jack, mains jack, switch, fuse, resistors and caps.

PP_2A3_Thordarson_amp.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.