• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

TubeTech Valves

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has here anyone seen this: TubeTech Valves

Hmm the crt meets the audio tube! I don't know if I could get used to my tubes looking like that. Wonder if that design improves on microphonics, but hey also according to the spec sheet the inter-electrode capacitance's are much lower plus lower filament current. I bet there be some that say they sound too crt-ish or scanny! X-rays? :hot: :D

Wow, the old Mullard factory making audio tubes again...!

Wayne

and yet one more "tubetech" thread

There have already been several threads started concerning Tubetech.

Really? I did a search on (exact phrase) "TubeTech" and came up zippo. Try it. If you do a search including the words tube and tech you get 4 million hits for tube alone. Thanks for your help and patience with me being a noob and all!

Wayne

Frankly, I'm not impressed or anticipating anything from these folks.

I am not unhappy with the current production of tubes from China and Russia and there is a huge selection of small signal tubes available in NOS. So there is not a huge demand for these IMHO...

Then, there is the fact that their web site is el lamo, which is not good business practice in the 21st century. The Neuropol font used to do the logo is lame and waaaaay overused too.

How serious can you take these guys when they spent like what, $100 of time and effort developing their brand identity?

If they care so little about their appearances to the world, then how can we assume they care about their product??

The answer is, they likely don't, and are simply trying to capitalize on the fact it's the old mullard place.

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

They have a tough sell with me... I'll wait for the production to start and the reviews to come in.. otherwise, this is just a gimmick to me.

If and when they start shipping they sure won't be anything like the old Mullard's. The structure of the tubes are based on crt's and with the very low capacitance they will sound and measure quite different than a 12AX7/ECC83 in many circuits (Mr. Miller) but not all of course. Yeah they are trying to cash in on the old "Mullard" name. As we know all the Mullard tooling was sold long ago, so they won't be making any Mullard repros. Hey they might turn out some fairly decent tubes someday but they sure as hell won't be a Mullard. :whazzat:

Wayne

Then, there is the fact that their web site is el lamo, which is not good business practice in the 21st century. The Neuropol font used to do the logo is lame and waaaaay overused too. How serious can you take these guys when they spent like what, $100 of time and effort developing their brand identity? If they care so little about their appearances to the world, then how can we assume they care about their product??

By that rational Bose should be better engineered than Pass Labs...

Re: and yet one more "tubetech" thread

cogsncogs said:

Really? I did a search on (exact phrase) "TubeTech" and came up zippo. Try it. If you do a search including the words tube and tech you get 4 million hits for tube alone. Thanks for your help and patience with me being a noob and all!

Wayne

That's because the name is TechTube, not TubeTech... your link is correct, your post name is backwards. Seems the forum search is very explicit, who knew.

Regards, KM

sharpi31 said:
By that rational Bose should be better engineered than Pass Labs...

Pfft. Bose knows *EXACTLY* what they are doing. They have marketed themselves as a lifestyle product and done a WODERFUL job at it... making an absolute mint in the process. They have spent long hours balancing the marketing with engineering a product that is *good enough* to make their target market happy. TechTubes have done ZERO of this... which was my point. So thanks for backing me up!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.