• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube rectifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am doing comparison between 6D22S and 6CJ3. After a few hours research, but I could not find information about the slow on start of 6CJ3.
6D22S got 30s delay (correct me if I am wrong). The only for 6D22S is the anode cap, which is dangerous for the kids
Anyone have experienced about those tube. Please help me out. Any input will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2004
I'd expect the 6CJ3, which can tolerate 900v heater to cathode voltage, to have a warm-up time at least as long as that of the 6D22S, which tolerates up to 600v. It's the high degree of electrical insulation between heater and cathode that causes the long warm-up time. As you say, the 6D22S gives about 30sec.

BTW, the 6D22S uses the top cap connection for the cathode, not anode. I've used this rectifier and it is rugged! It can tolerate at least 50uF in a cap-input filter and forward voltage drop is only around 10-12v with normal current. It also does pretty well if you can only feed it 5v for the heater, but 6.3v is obviously better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.