• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Pinnacle tubes??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi SD, Just to put you in the picture about Pinnacle Tubes.
Pinnacle were a non-manufacturing company, they were what we call box shifters. They acquired Tubes from various places like Italy, Russia, Japan and yes even some military surplus bulk stock.
Needless to say, their main criterion was to get them at lowest cost, even un-boxed if necessary, then put their own brand name 'Pinnacle' on them. They then put them into Pinnacle boxes and offered them for sale at a lower price than a Mullard or Brimar etc.
Another company called Z & I Aero did similar as also another called DeBanks who added a twist, They supplied you with fully stocked Tube cabinets for your workshop. A salesman would visit once a month to replace Tubes that had been used and you paid for the replacements. It is possible that Pinnacle had a similar arrangement with radio/TV repair shops and it was rumoured that DeBanks were in fact Pinnacle operating under another name.
As Tubes were being phased out, DeBanks started supplying Transistors, Diodes and Integrated Circuits. I think the gradual disappearance of repair shops here in the UK meant ever decreasing sales and DeBanks eventually ceased trading.
So you cannot ever find a detailed specification sheet for a Pinnacle Tube but it is probably quite OK to use another manufacturers data sheet as the characteristics need not necessarily be too far different. In fact, Pinnacle and DeBanks tubes work very well and I had a pair of 6146 tubes from Z & I working in the final of my ham rig for many years without problems.
Best Regards
Les

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.