Input voltage on an integrated tube amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th December 2008, 12:46 AM   #1
Guytute is offline Guytute  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Input voltage on an integrated tube amp

I hoping someone would be able to answer this question. I'm thinking about buying the zero DAC, to use with my Yaqin MC-10L.

Here is a link to the product on ebay. I've read about it and it appears to be an oustanding source.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZERO-24-192KHZ-D...1%7C240%3A1318

The pre-amp is selectable, so you can turn on the pre-amp and use the volume control, or turn it off and just use the DAC. It has an analog output level of 2v.

Would 2v be too much to use with an integrated tube amp or would this be a good choice?

Have any of you used any of these USB to DAC's?
Old 30th December 2008, 04:25 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I'm also considering this USB DAC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YULONG-DAC-D...1%7C240%3A1318

Have any of you used these DAC's. I've read some very good things about them.

Can anyone tell me what would be the most input voltage an integrated tube amp can handle? Does it even matter? Is 2v too much?
Old 30th December 2008, 07:14 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Anyone have an answer? Simple question. Is a 2v analog input too much for an integrated tube amp? I would like to have my pc as one of my sources, but I want to do the d/a converstion outside of the pc due to the poor sound and noise associated with using a sound card which is inside the pc. Ive never owned a tube amp and would like to know if a 2v analog input would be ok with an integrated tube amp? Im surprized so many people have read this yet have no answer.
Old 30th December 2008, 07:20 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to audiowize
2V is suitable for most tube amplifiers. You will have better operation if you select an integrated that has 1.5v or greater sensitivity for full output. If you see something that is .3v sensitive, keep looking.
Old 30th December 2008, 07:47 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I already purchased a yaqin mc 10l. Im not sure what the input sensitivity is. If any of you know that would be that would be great. If not Ill see if I can find it on the net. Thanks for the answer.

Hide this!Advertise here!