need manual for heathkit sp2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2008, 11:45 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default need manual for heathkit sp2

Help
I have heathkit sp2 pre ,I have no sound from output to amp on either channel and yet tape out works plugging into receiver, I have no manual and am looking for one and advise , I replaced all caps in p/s and am waiting for coupling caps ,would greatly appreciate any help offered
Thanks John
Old 30th December 2008, 12:50 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

John-
A few things you didn't mention, but have probably checked already:
-Have you downloaded the schematic? There's a good pdf available (free) online and a gif as well.
-Are the tubes good?
-Have you checked voltages at the tubes and in the power supply?
-Have you used contact cleaner on the input selector switch?

I don't know how much you've worked on tube circuits, but it sounds like you know what you are doing with a soldering iron. Do be careful- I find that it is often better to clip the test leads to the test points rather than risk having the probe slip. Definitely clip the COM lead to ground and only use one hand to work the +probe. There are good safety hints in a thread at the top of the 'Tubes' section here.

Next step would be to rig up a signal tracer. The SP2 is not a very complicated circuit, so you will be successful.

Cheers
John

Hide this!Advertise here!