• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ping Poindexter - 6SN7 Moebius Linestage Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Poindexter,

I have a bunch of 6SN7's lying around that I want up to build a preamp with. There was a 6Moons article a while back that pictured the 6SN7 Moebius Linestage you built for Terry Cain. I have seen your 6AQ5 and 6T4 versions, would you be willing to provide insight into the schematic for the 6SN7 version?

Thank you -ALBQ

Link to 6Moons article:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/yamamoto/a08_5.html

Thanks for the schematic, Eric.

I'm still enjoying my 6V6 Music Machine (upgraded with better OTs since I snapped a pic of it), but if I need a preamp, I'll be building a Moebius.

Best wishes for 2009.

John

Attachments

• mm2.jpg
    mm2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 722
Reference Filament Question

JoshK,

No reason really. At this stage, I am really just testing out design ideas I have. I am looking to get a physically small yet very high quality HV and filament supply. This will increase flexibility in case design - low profile is what I want. Also, I need to include the digital control bits, which also takes up space and has its own PS to fit in the case as well. So, for this design, size matters.
* do a search on me and can check out remote control stuff...

From a noise perspective, you really see three flavors of filament supplies in the literature - floating, referenced to HV, referenced to ground and balance pot (AC). This was simply what I choose to wire up.

That said, it is already absolutely dead quiet - no noise at all at any volume pot setting so, at least off to a good start - ideas keep flowing

Thanks and good question - ALBQ

No, no, Robert; I missed the diode.  I went and corrected the one on my server, which is the one that's sourced above.  Very embarassing.

Carly, I make 'em in MSPaint.  Ask SY, Paint is actually way kewl; very intuitive and simple.  The 'secret' is to build an archive of devices and components, and then you can just tinkertoy the circuits together. I've been working on this for ten years now, and I have archives in several sizes, depending on the format.  The one above is 'medium'. I give 'em away - if you want one, post me privately and I'll send it over.

Aloha,

Poinz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.