Updated my website - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd December 2008, 08:08 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Updated my website

At the risk of exceeding my 3TB/month bandwidth limit , I wanted to let people know that I've updated my web site with some new stuff.

I've been so busy with the day job that unfortunately I haven't been able to update it very often lately. The holidays are giving me a little well-earned "play time".

I've added about 15 books and 20 tube manuals/catalogs to the site, as well of a bunch of other material.

Many thanks to John Atwood, who provided a good chunk of the new books.

Have fun, happy holidays, and don't electrocute the cat or the kids...

Pete
Old 23rd December 2008, 08:13 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

>>Have fun, happy holidays, and don't electrocute the cat or the kids...

I'm very careful when playing Death Amp for Kitty.

Skip
Old 23rd December 2008, 08:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Updated my website

Pete,

Looking forward to the "Unnecessarily Complex 300B amp" details - I have some 866ax rectifiers sitting idle that were left over from the Christmas tree decoration...

Thank you for all the new goodies you posted. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new 2009 in the company of family and loved ones.

-- josť k.
Old 23rd December 2008, 08:44 PM   #4
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Pete, as usual, you're a great resource, even if you did drink all of my share of the Het Anker this year. Many thanks!
Old 23rd December 2008, 09:40 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Hail to Yoda

Hey pete
I dont know what the world did before the internet or this forum for that matter, but I for one would like to thank you for all your alturism in helping the Vacuum challenged in the world. May your anodes emit for many years to come and have a restful and peaceful holiday season
regards
Nick
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:01 PM   #6
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Old 23rd December 2008, 10:24 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I've been so busy with the day job that unfortunately I haven't been able to update it very often lately.
I know that feeling.

Quote:
The holidays are giving me a little well-earned "play time".
I am 1100 miles from my lab without a tube in sight

At least I have my laptop and is it 14 degrees outside, so I am cooking up a new PC board. I won't have time to actually build it for at least a month.

Thanks a bunch for all of the hard work that you put in to make sure we all have too much information. I have been working with tubes for 40+ years and I'm still learning. Your website is a great source of unusual information.

I have a college textbook from MIT written in the 30's I think. I have given up trying to understand the serious calculus that was applied to vacuum tubes back then. Let me know if you want it, although I don't know how useful it is to most readers. I probably have some more old textbooks stashed in my warehouse.

I will contribute to your bandwitdh issue next month. The internet here at my nother in laws house is just too slow to download anything. It took 15 minutes to see the pictures of the glowing hybrid....Cool. too Cool. As with Jose, I look forward to the 300B design, even if it is only to see something different.
Old 24th December 2008, 02:03 AM   #8
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Pete,

Thanks from me, too, for your generous contribution to the knowledge base that's available to us all.

Have a happy, relaxed and safe holiday.

Hide this!Advertise here!