Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2008, 09:46 PM   #11
Guytute is offline Guytute  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the replies. So although I didn't get a stright yes or no answer, based on some of the responses I would imagine I would have no problem running parrallel out of the left and right speaker level of the tube amp and into both the bookshelfs and the speaker level in of the powered sub. I would imagine this would be my best bet as it would avoid the SW crossover.

If anyone can answer this specific question it would be great. Does hooking it up in the manner above have any effect on the load that the amp is seeing?
Old 29th December 2008, 10:54 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Does hooking it up in the manner above have any effect on the load that the amp is seeing?
There is no appreciable effect. The SW's crossover presents a relatively high impedance to the main amp, below the "corner" frequency. When impedances are connected in parallel, the lowest of the set tends to dominate, according to the Law that follows immediately.

1/Z NET = 1/Z1 + 1/Z2 ... + 1/Zn

If 8 Ohms and 80 Ohms are connected in parallel, the net is approx. 7.3 Ohms.

Hide this!Advertise here!