• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Modified Salas Mosfet Shunt Reg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just drew up this version of the Salas shunt reg using parts I have in my bin. Can anyone see any obvious errors?

Attachments

• salas mod.jpg
    salas mod.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 450
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Why not? Those 10M45S enhancement mode FETs with error amplifier which acts like depletion mode FET, plus the Dmos to set Vref, are all very well thought out choices. Since you have the parts give it a go. I would. I can't simulate it right now, plus I don't know if I have the models, so I can't tell you more on error possibilities. I just don't see striking errors on first read. You know those devices better than most of us. You will make it work. Certainly.
In the back of my mind I would be a bit afraid it may prove prone to easy oscillations with some cabling or loads, or layout and probing, due to the wide BW Cascodes. Also I would be curious until first listen to know what those 1K RdsON Dmos achieve. Naah...It will do fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.