• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ping Tom Schlangen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, some weeks ago I took down my web site intentionally.

Reason: Several GB of traffic per month, but according to statistics >98% by web spiders and site ripping software. Now, I didn´t do all the work for spiders and rippers, and for sure I don´t want to pay myself for traffic generated by automated spiders and rippers.

If someone needs a plot or something that was present on that site: No problem, I will mail it on request.
Regards,

Tom Schlangen

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You might want to look around for a free web-hosting service.. Yahoo and Tripod in the past provided free sites.. Not all spiders crawling around are doing bad things - a lot of them are just indexing sites for search engines, but of course there are the inevitable harvesters of email links.

http://www.searchtools.com/robots/robots-txt.html

I am sure a lot of people found your site useful.. You can also deliberately limit the number of connections and bandwidth to prevent wholesale site ripping.

I face many of the same issues on my site, but my webhost 1&1 charges relatively little and my bandwidth usage falls within acceptable limits so far at all times. (5yrs with this host, no extra charges.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.