• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6N6P-I life-time

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually letter "I" at the end of markings of Russian tubes means "designed for impulse operation ", but I would not worry since I never heard that they lasted only 500 hours, maybe if they are driven hard. Anyway they re cheap :D , eight tubes x 500 hours :smash: :D
Letter "E" on same place means "longlife, so next time when you buy tubes in Russia, find those...
:cool:

He he it is fun , no? :D

The thing have confused me is those cyrillic characters.......
Robot, please what is "E" in cyrillic ? ( and what is "I")

colt you are right, probably If I dissipate half power maybe I can hope
in 1000 hours ! A real bargain ! :D

Cheers,
Paolo

Colt,

Really?
This is encouraging for me. I hope you are right!
Anyway I'll discover it very soon. I'm quasi-ready to start with PCB
and my experiment for a driver stage with 6N6.
It will dissipate about 2,2-2,4 W each section. We will see :)
thanks for suggestions guys!

Cheers,
Paolo

Cyrillic letter E is same like Latin, but letter I looks like this "и", or N mirrored. Actually 6n6p is really a nice tube, especially good driver of output tubes, an Eastern counterpart of another great tube, 5687. Only problem is that they have different pinouts, so we cannot swap them witihout soldering iron :D
I also bought some ordinary 6n6p recently from Ukraine, just as a strategic reserve ;) ...

Oh thanks Robot, very clear explanation.

Are yours 6N6 normal or "E" type ?
Can you comment about the presumed zero-microphonicity of the 6N6?
I have choiced this tube exactly for this reason, guys have told me that
6N6 is one of the fews double triodes not microphonic at all ( I am obsessed by microphonicity!) :devilr:

Cheers,
Paolo

I bought 8 "normal" tubes witihout any special markings, I didn t receive tham, and I cannot tell you how they work. From my experience Russian tubes are great mistery, in same series quality varies, so allways buy as much as you can afford, than choose the best samples for the project. This tube is very quiet, I would n t worry, if you are planing to do riia, make good proper power supply, and other precautions. For other usages, for example, dac output or drive sections don t worry...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.