• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Innovations series 800 reactivation + some mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I've came into posession of an old Audio Innovations series 800 Mk1 amp. The transformer has been damaged (the 6,3V taps had been riped out, and there's no way to reconnect them). Now I want to modify this amp to use 6L6/5881 instead of EL34 tubes, I know that it can be done without any modyfications but I want to make it properly :) (as I know this will need changing some of the values of components, especialy cathode resistors). This would be the first mod on this amp the second, would be changing the ecc83 tubes to 6SL7. I also would like to improve the power supply (it would be great to modify it to suit my 275V/500mA, 6,3V/10A transformer, I want to use it becouse it's lying unused on the desk ;) ). So I would be very gratefull of any help provided (I've got some electronics knowledge but it's not enough to modify this ampd into something better :) ). So here is the schematic.

Attachments

• ai800m.gif
    ai800m.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 371
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.