• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Found a box of old toobs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Going through my treasure (junk, is the beer midgets' definition) i found loads of valves that i didn't know i owned.
One of these lots is in an old RCA/Victor service suitcase. The case has the old RCA/Victor logo on it and appears to be made of some kind of pressed material.
Anyway, there are a few tubes, here is a list.
My question is; are any of these of any use or should i bung the case and contents on ebay.
They may be of use to someone on the site.
Thanks in advance for the many replies i'll surely get.

The list;
1jg6g syl
6l5g hytron
6p5g coronado x2
46 arcturus
79 four star
1h6g syl
1h4g syl
1h4g ge
12ah7 tsol x5
1l4 cunningham
6sk7 rca
3a3 rad tel x2
6cd6a radtel x3
6cd6 nuclear
6dq6 rad tel x3
5y4g sheldon
6cd6g sheldon
6cd6g rad tel
5y4g rca
6g5 rca
5u4ga ge in rca box
jan 3c24 heintz and kaufman x2
27 globe philco fine mesh plate
uy227 rca fine mesh
1909a philips x2
36 radiocoin
27 ken rad
ny227 national fine mesh plate that is tbular in generic box
606 brimar bva
jan-cnu 2x2/879
g-2-s
majestic
the following have had the boxes eaten or termite damaged, boxes have been binned
5v4g rca no box
5y3g rca
UX874 rca x2

All of the boxes are in excellent condition

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: tubecaddy

Makofoed-6sn7 said:
If you don't want the caddy I would glady take it of your hands.
Have been looking for years, but none would send to europe.

I have a caddy i'm not attached too... the post to Europe would likely be quite high -- but one could think of amortizing that by shipping something other than air inside it.

dave

Look 'em up at Frank's and see what they're good for.

You have several 6CD6s in there, I see. You can use those for audio finals, and make a really kick-@55 (70 -- 90W) amp, and without too much spec-busting. Being that these are horizontal deflection types, they're plenty tough enough for audio use; even an axe amp won't abuse these guys all that much. You'll probably have to get a custom wound OPT since the load tends to be a good deal lower than for most audio types since these were originally designed to pull big currents through horizontal deflection coils.

I used the down rated 6BQ6GTB for a project that could do 40W easy. The 30W OPT saturates before the finals actually clip. HD VTs rock! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.